Teaching Personnel are currently working on behalf of a school that caters for students aged 2 - 19 years old with Special Educational Needs. The school is rated 'Outstanding' by OFSTED and is located in the Shirebrook area. The students that attend the school have a mixture of Special Educational Needs, such as, Autism, PMLD, SEMH and Learning Difficulties.
This particular school are currently looking for experienced Teaching Assistants who are able to get involved with the school and work with the varied range of pupils.
- All pupils on the main site have a statement of educational needs (SEN) which are gradually being transferred to Educational Health Care Plans
- Nursery to Secondary aged students
- Small class sizes in order for students to be able to achieve to the best of their ability
- Communication is recognised as a key part of a pupils education
- Use PECs and Makaton in order to communicate with non-verbal students
The idea candidate will:
- Have previous experience within the education sector (desired but not essential)
- Be experienced with Special Educational Needs
- Have a child workforce DBS (registered to the update service)
- Additional training such as Team Teach and Autism Awareness
- Experience of working with children or adults with SEN in other settings such as care homes
If you feel you have the right experience, please send your CV as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- 'SEN' or 'Autism' or 'Education'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"