Teaching Assistant (Level 2) – Aurora Woodlands School
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: £9.45 - £10.00 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week, 39 weeks’ term time
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant Level 2 in Darwen, Blackburn where our Woodlands School supports boys aged 10-19 who have a range of needs associated with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
- Support our pupils with learning and their general wellbeing
- Encourage a caring and safe environment (where necessary this may include supporting with positive behaviour management).
- Ensure you support the learning of the pupils by providing further explanation where needed
- Promote and encourage independence and personal development in our pupils whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Work with pupils on a one-to-one basis or within small groups when needed
One of our main aims is to ensure our TA’s contribute high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences for our pupils and to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being through the whole curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
- Must have or be working towards Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2 or 3 or QCF Level 3 in Childcare (Desirable)
- Previous experience of working in an environment managing social, emotional or mental health needs and/or previous experience working within an educational environment
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Full UK driving licence (to be able to transport pupils to and from school and to other appointments etc. during the day, using Aurora vehicles)
- The ability to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role
- Have patience, understanding and a natural passion for teaching, guiding and empowering students
What’s on offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
You will have a chance to work with a supportive team whose common goal is to empower and support our young people wherever is required.
For more information on this position please contact
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'