Teaching Assistant - Primary School - Leeds
Prospero Teaching are a leading provider in education throughout West Yorkshire. With our drive and commitment to our schools and relationships with the DFE and LEA, we are perfectly placed to support you with your next career step.
The role is to work as a Teaching Assistant and as this will involve working with an Early Years group of 2+year olds.
Your role is to ensure positive behaviour is displayed across the school and in class. Your role as a Teaching Assistant is to support young people with their learning & behaviour and help them develop strategies and action plans to encourage positive learning. You will need to forge a strong professional positive relationship with all students that you work with. You will be expected to communicate with caregivers, family and social workers giving a holistic approach to behaviour.
For this role you must:
Have a strong academic background (degree or similar)
- or a strong background working with Primary aged children
- Be able to work full-time school hours term time only Mon to Friday 8.30-3:30pm from ASAP
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Previous primary education experience - Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as Safeguarding training is provided)
- Location - Leeds
- Position - Teaching Assistant
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - April 2022
- Full time/part-time - Full Time
- The minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £65 per day.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By registering with Prospero Teaching, you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals with a wealth of educational experience to help you find your next career move.
In addition, you will also benefit from
- access to free accredited training courses for teachers and support staff, ensuring you are able to continue your professional development
- support with interview preparations so you're fully prepared and confident to interview for your next role
- support with lesson planning and classroom management to support you to create stimulating and varied lessons
- a generous recommend a friend referral scheme
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy. Ideally, you will already have a full DBS on the update service but if not, we can process a new one.
Know of somebody perfect for this role? Refer a Friend to Prospero Teaching.
- Early Years
- Teaching Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'