Teaching Assistant for a Specialist Provision
We are currently seeking to recruit Teaching Assistants to work in a Specialist Provision in Plymouth specifically those who cater for children and young people aged 3-16.
- Salary: £65-£70 per day
- Location: Plymouth
We currently work with the majority of Behavioural Schools across Cornwall who have requirements for long-term. We can offer candidates experience in a wide range of settings which will enable you to build upon career goals, develop your knowledge and experience and enhance your professional skills.
The ideal candidate will have to be approachable, reliable and flexible to meet the needs of the schools.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking tasks set by the class teacher
- Supporting children within the class
- Building up rapport between yourself and the pupils
- Managing the classroom under the direction of the class teacher
- Attending staff meetings
- Undertaking training to further develop your professional portfolio
- Supporting children with SEN (SEN settings)
- Working with small groups or 1-2-1
- Be able to work in a relaxed outdoor education setting
You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom, taking direction from the classroom teacher You will also have experience of working with SEN pupils within an educational setting, and have the ability to build strong rapport with challenging pupils in mainstream and nurture based provisions.
The Candidate will need:
- Full clean driving Licence with access to personal vehicle
- Be available full time
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Have a DBS Child Workforce only or be willing to apply for one
if you feel this is a perfect job role for you please call Dean on or email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE E.n.g.l.i.s.h & M.a.t.h.s (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'