A brilliant Primary School in Leeds are currently looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in their Early Years Stage on a contract basis starting September 2018. The ideal candidate must be passionate about working with interactive and engaging children who can utilise and stretch their skill set in a EYFS setting. As a TA you will be supporting pupils across a range of abilities as well as undertaking duties that free up a teachers time, such as preparing the classroom, resources and displays.
The role will involve:
- Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Manage challenging pupil behaviour
- Guide and monitor pupil progress and deliver this to the Teacher
- Carry out administrative duties such as preparing classroom resource
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- Help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunch-time duties
- Co-ordinate specific areas of teaching support once you have the right level of experience
- Provide pivotal support to the teacher and other support staff
- Ensure a safe and healthy place of learning for the children
- Offer an approachable and helpful hand to the teacher with extra duties which they may need some assistance with
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Level 3 Qualified is advantageous
- A vibrant and organised approach to work
- Experience in a child based setting previously
- Can communicate effectively with both children and carers / parents
- An honest and reliable worker
This post is to start immediately and would ideally have applicants who are immediately available or on a short notice. Please feel free to apply and send your CV forward if you feel your experience and skill set is a match.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"