Have you got experience in helping children over-come learning challenges? Are you a calm and helpful person? We are looking for a Teaching Assistant for a lovely and quite small school on the outskirts of Darlington to work part time three days a week. Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant is not essential, however we do ask that you have at least 3 months experience in a role that involves working with children.
As a Teaching Assistant your role will involve working with the learning support team in supporting and including students with learning difficulties/disabilities in mainstream classes.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently, with respect and consideration.
* To help promote independent learning.
* To help reinforce learning.
* To assist students with physical needs.
* To help students record work in an appropriate way.
* To develop study and organisational skills.
* To help keep the students on task and to build motivation.
* To model good practice.
* To help build the pupils confidence and enhance self-esteem.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. If you are interested, please contact Scott Hill in the Darlington office on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job