One of our partnership schools in Cumbria are looking to build a pool of Cover Supervisors/Teaching Assistants.
The role of a Cover Supervisor is varied, challenging, and enjoyable.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supervise pupils whilst they carry out work that has been pre-prepared by a teacher
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking work
- Deal with any immediate problems
- Build rapport with students
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher
Cover Supervisor work is ideal for graduates who are looking to gain experience prior to securing a PGCE placement. It is also ideal for sports coaches/drama tutors/music coaches/etc (anyone who has experience of working with children and young adults). It is an excellent opportunity to gain extra income during school hours (8.30-3.30).
** Training Provided **
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay £60 - £80 per day
- Short term and long term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced consultants
- Cover Supervisor training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme for any referrals you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, qualifications checks, references and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying for the Graduate Cover Supervisor role, then please send an up to date CV or contact Amy on to find out more about the role
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"