Learning Support Assistant - Complex Needs - PMLD - Personal Care - Guildford
Would you like to work with young people who need additional support at school? Are you happy to support with the personal and medical care that they need?
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with previous SEN school experience, a graduate with a keen interest in this area of work or someone from a care background that is looking to transition into an educational setting.
The school is situated in Guildford and it supports students with profound, multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex needs that may require support with feeding, manual handling, personal care and specialist medical care. It is based at a wonderful campus where the students have plenty of opportunities to learn in the outdoors and to gain the independency skills that will help them later in life.
What is involved:
- Providing assistance and supervision for students before, during and after lessons
- Personal and medical care including feeding and manual handling where necessary
- Assisting students to understand and participate in set tasks in an appropriate way
- Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
- Encouraging the development of appropriate social skills
- To ensure accurate individual student records are maintained
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Working with managers and employees to support the developing culture of the organisation
- Following regulations pertaining to safeguarding
- Where required, supporting individual needs including assisting with a wide range of medical and occasionally personal care tasks as necessary and providing physical support where needed (training will be provided in giving medical care and support)
What is required:
- An Undergraduate Degree (preferable) and/or previous SEN experience
- Good general education levels in English and Maths
- Knowledge, keen interest or understanding of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities (PMLD, complex needs, Autism)
- Ability to adapt to a various working environments and students with differing abilities
- A co-operative working style
- Practical approach to the needs of students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A caring attitude and a good listener
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
- SEN LSA - Personal care - PMLD - graduate opportunities
- £60 to £80 daily rate (5-day week)
- September 2021 to July 2022 (one year contract)
- Apply directly via this advert or call Ben Mason on for more details
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'