Teaching Assistant - Autism - Newham - East London
Salary- From £65 -£70
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
GSL Educationare currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner primary schools located in Newham, East London. The school is looking for a dedicated SEN teaching assistant that is able to support a child with autism and complex needs.
Our client is a four-form entry Infant School catering for children aged 3-7. This is an outstanding, nurturing school at the heart of the community, providing child-centred, high quality learning through play and exploration. It is a warm, friendly community based school with the emphasis on what is best for the children encouraging curiosity, confidence and a love of learning.
- Experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic children and/or children with speech & language difficulties
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
- Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN children
- Previous experience working with autism is essential for this role
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
The school offers:
- A large and well-resourced SEN provision
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Dedicated and passionate support staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to an already flourishing department and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant Nick Stanley as soon as possible.