Teaching Assistant Autism - Hereford
Class People are a specialist and independent education recruitment agency based across the South West. We are currently looking for Learning Support Assistants to support primary pupils with mild to severe autism, based at various schools across Hereford.
Applicants must have previous experience of supporting children with autism and have an understanding of their needs and demands.
You will follow the guidance from the school SENCO and Class teacher and deliver the necessary curriculum whilst supporting the individual pupils' emotional needs.
Qualifications and experience
- Applicants MUST have previous exposure to ASD (autistic spectrum disorder) and be able to support a primary aged pupil on a one-to-one basis
- Ideally applicants will have a Teaching Assistant / Learning Support qualification or a minimum of 6 months working in a school setting
- Teach Teach would be an advantage
- Any courses or qualifications in Special Educational Needs would also be an advantage
- You must have a calm and understanding nature
For further information on LSA positions or working for Class People in general please contact Becky on / or beckyo @
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job