Teaching and Learning Administrative Assistant - £12.62ph - £13.61ph plus holiday pay - Central London
Start 11th April 2018 for two months initially
SUMMARY OF MAIN JOB FUNCTION
This role sits within the Department’s Programme Administration team and focuses on teaching-related administrative support. The role holder will support the programme administration team with the day-to-day delivery and administration of all taught programmes within the Department.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as first point of contact for the Team, providing a friendly and efficient liaison / support service. This includes dealing with enquiries from prospective and current students.
- Acting as first point of contact for telephone and email enquiries, taking messages and forwarding calls and emails as required.
- Providing administrative support for activities related to programme administration, including word processing, data entry, filing, photocopying, organising meetings, and other routine tasks related to the administration of the taught degree programmes.
- Maintaining all Moodle courses in the Department and acting as the administrative contact for Moodle related enquiries from students and staff.
- Assisting with the organisation and publicising of admissions and teaching-related events within the Department.
- Occasionally covering for the Teaching and Learning Administrators as required.
- To act as the Department’s first point of contact for all enquiries. This includes efficiently dealing with telephone, email and in-person queries and requests.
- To support the Administrators with processing of applications, including updating records of applications and offers made and photocopying relevant paperwork.
- To assist with the organisation of admissions-related events, including open days, interviews and outreach events.
- To provide the admissions tutors with administrative support for the editing and updating of information for applicants, including coordinating changes to the prospectus entries, collating new / updated marketing material and using the content management system to make changes to the Department’s information to applicants.
Programme and student-related administration
- To provide support for the annual timetabling exercise, including collating and updating changes to teaching requirements, allocating students to labs and tutorials.
- To support the organisation of the induction and registration for new students, including the compiling of induction packs and creating new student files.
- To support the Administrator with the planning and organisation of short courses, including preparing schedules, booking rooms and ordering catering.
- To make occasional timetabling changes and one-off room booking requests, including the cancelling and rescheduling of lectures.
- To assist with the organisation of ad hoc student and teaching-related events, such as guest lectures and student competitions.
- To collate, reproduce and disseminate teaching materials both electronically via Moodle and in hard copy.
- To maintain the physical and virtual student notice boards in the Department.
- To maintain the Department’s record of staff office hours, updating and circulating the information on a termly basis to staff and students.
- To coordinate the updating of module reading lists and to liaise with Library Services to ensure accurate and timely uploading of the information.
- To act as the first point of contact for Moodle enquiries from staff.
- To explain to new academic staff how to use the basic Moodle functionalities, such as uploading lecture notes, communicating via the news forum, and setting up assignments.
- To check that all courses comply with the Department’s E-learning policy.
- To complete the annual archiving and resetting of Moodle courses in liaison with the E- learning Environments team.
- To receive, receipt and distribute coursework to markers and coordinate the return of marked work to students.
- To provide administrative support to the Coursework Coordinator by monitoring the return of feedback to students process, including reminding staff of upcoming deadlines, checking that the deadlines have been met, and advising the Coursework Coordinator and Head of Department of non-compliance.
- To provide administrative support to project coordinators.
- To invigilate examinations organised within the Department, conducting them in accordance with regulations.
- To archive all taught exam papers, exam scripts coursework and projects and to liaise with Library Service’s digital collections to ensure accurate and timely uploading of past examination papers.
- To administrate the annual module evaluation process, including updating the Moodle questionnaire, publicising the process to students, collating the data and requesting responses from module coordinators.
- To support quality assurance within the Department by assisting in the preparation of materials, such as collating data, for audits and reviews.
- To provide backup committee servicing for all departmental committees, this includes scheduling meetings, circulating agendas and drafting minutes.
- To manage the Department’s filing and archiving system for student files, this includes
- Administrative Support
- Student Support