Due to increasing student numbers, we are looking for outstanding classroom practitioners to join our multi-disciplinary team.
Previous SEN experience is desirable however; we will provide full induction, training and support if you do not have this. All we ask is for a passion and resilience for helping children and young people with complex needs reach their full potential.
We would love to hear from you if you are a qualified teacher who:
- can lead class groups in all aspects of the curriculum
- thinks creatively and engages positively with pupils with a broad range of more complex needs
- can set and meet differentiated learning targets for individual pupils for various subjects
- maximises learning opportunities and achievement for all
- can optimise the contribution of classroom support staff
- will work collaboratively and flexibly with multi-disciplinary colleagues towards delivering excellence
- has good IT skills
St Elizabeth’s School, based on the Herts/Essex Border, is committed to providing high quality education, care and health services for young people with epilepsy, autism and complex needs. We offer a specialist non maintained residential/day provision for children and young people aged 5 - 19 years.
Our team of enthusiastic and resilient staff are committed to delivering an outstanding educational experience to children and young people with complex needs. We provide well resourced classrooms, excellent residential facilities and opportunities for varied outdoor activities within our own extensive natural grounds.
We offer a variety of staff benefits, including Teachers’ Pension Scheme commitment to your CPD, high street discounts, free parking, staff canteen and subsided staff accommodation (subject to eligibility).
Informal visits are encouraged and can be accommodated within or outside the school day.
Closing date:18th March 2018 Interviews: TBC
Please note, we are not on a public transport route
St Elizabeth’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all parts of the community.