Hampshire (Alton area), Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, and Northamptonshire
Our client is a reputable provider of therapeutic residential care for looked after children aged between 12 and 18 years.
The company was founded over 10 years ago, driven by a passion to protect the rights of societies most vulnerable and they place significant emphasis on ensuring that all young people are able to access an education provision that suits their needs.
Due to rapid expansion, they are currently recruiting qualified teachers and higher level teaching assistants/cover supervisors in the Hampshire (Alton area), Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, and Northamptonshire.
The college offers an individualised, bespoke timetable according to the needs of the student and the teaching takes place on a 1:1 or small group basis, in the safety of the Homes and the wider environment.
They cover a range of levels, abilities and interests from GCSE to a more vocational spectrum; their teaching is also part of the therapeutic programme and is designed to build a trusting relationship with the learner to developing confidence and a passion for lifelong education.
They are keen to identify teachers that can deliver a variety of subjects, they also require a teacher who is a specialist in English and humanities.
The ideal candidate for the Teacher/Teaching Assistant role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience of working with young people with additional needs
- The ability to develop and promote positive working relationships with individual service users, their family and professional colleagues
- For the teaching posts a PGCE, Certificate in Education or relevant degree will be required.
- For teaching assistants a TA qualification is desirable but candidates must be educated to GCSE level in English and Maths
- Full clean driving license held for at least 1 year
- They are also keen to hear from candidates who have additional skills and interests in vocational and creative studies.
- This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and references
Teacher/Teaching Assistant Benefits
- Travel allowance is covered
- You will not be confined to a classroom
- No marking outside of working hours
If you feel you are the suitable candidate for the Teacher/Teaching Assistant positions role, please apply now!
TA Qualified, Supply Teacher, Cover Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Teacher, Cover Supervisors, Qualified Teachers, Experienced Teacher