Reed Education are currently looking to appoint an experienced Teacher of the Deaf to start ASAP for an ongoing temporary contract at one of our Primary schools in Newham, East London.
The school is a non-selective, mixed, Primary school. The school benefits from being located in new and purpose built accommodation on a single site with ample outdoor areas and the use of an all-weather sports pitch. The school has been rated as “Good” by OFSTED.
The qualities required for this post are:
1. Qualified Teacher of the Deaf and qualified to BSL Level 1.
2. Experience of working with hearing impaired students who also have additional needs.
3. Experience of working with students who use BSL and also with students who are auditory-oral in communication.
4. Up-to date knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum for KS1 and KS2.
5. Understanding of safeguarding and how it applies to students who are hearing impaired.
6. Awareness of the needs of schools in a multi-cultural environment.
7. Able to manage challenging situations.
8. A thorough understanding of current developments and initiatives in SEN education and in particular with regard to the SEN Code of Practice.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward me your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’ or by e-mailing Jonelle.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact me. We’d would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
"Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment."
"Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check."
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business