Role: Teacher of the Deaf / Educational Communicator
Location: Newham, East London
Salary: £130-£180 per day
Contract: Ongoing temporary
GSL Education are currently looking to appoint an experienced Teacher of the Deaf to start ASAP for an ongoing temporary contract at one of our secondary schools in Newham, East London.
The school is a non-selective, mixed, 11-16 comprehensive secondary school with almost 1,400 students. The school benefits from being located in new and purpose built accommodation on a single site with ample outdoor areas and the use of an all-weather sports pitch. The school has been rated as "Good" by OFSTED.
The qualities required for this post are:
1. Qualified Teacher of the Deaf and qualified to BSL Level 1.
2. Experience of working with hearing impaired students who also have additional needs.
3. Experience of working with students who use BSL and also with students who are auditory-oral in communication.
4. Up-to date knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum for KS3 and KS4.
5. Understanding of safeguarding and how it applies to students who are hearing impaired.
6. Awareness of the needs of schools in a multi-cultural environment.
7. Able to manage challenging situations.
8. A thorough understanding of current developments and initiatives in SEN education and in particular with regard to the SEN Code of Practice.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client Schools.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Brittany, as soon as possible.