A mixed local authority maintained 11-16 comprehensive school, are seeking a full time teacher of science to join their large dynamic team of 8 specialists in the field on a full time basis to start June 2019 until the end of the academic year.
The sucessful candidate will be required to deliver all 3 sciences across KS3 and 4. You will be required to deliver the EDEXCEL GCSE foundation and Higher courses at Key stage 4.
The school is based in a small town within the Ribble Valley, whos pupils come from Clitheroe and surrounding areas.
There are 1245 pupils on roll, aged 11 - 16.
There are also 75 teachers and 48 support staff on site, with 7 members of SLT.
The school offers a broad and balenced curriculum in a range of subjects to all year groups. In 2018 65% of pupils achieved grades 4-9 in English and Maths, which is above the national average.
In the role you can benefit from:
* MPS - £122.00 - £180.00, dependant on scale and experience
* Inspiring and influencing our next generation
* Working within a supportive, dynamic and highly sucessful department
Your responsibilities will include:
* Preparing lessons in line with the curriculum for Science
* Depending on your subject specialism, you will teach a variety of topics across Biology, Chemistry and Physics
* Adaptability to ensure students are challenged depending of their varying needs
* Preparing and explaining homework exercises that will further expand the topic knowledge
* Marking and providing clear and concise feedback on completed work in a timely fashion
* Effective management of classroom behaviour and keeping a positive learning atmosphere
* Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children
Key requirements for the position include:
* Qualifications - a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
* QTS is desirable - NQT applications are warmly welcomed
* Experience of teaching Science is essential
* Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
If this opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your CV .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'