Great students! Great team! Great results!
Do you have the talent and ambition to make a difference to our school?
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Science with the ability to deliver excellent results. We are looking for an outstanding teacher with strong subject knowledge and classroom skills and the payscale will reflect this.
The successful candidate will have the ability to excite and motivate young people, be committed to bringing imaginative ideas into the classroom and be able to turn students with promise into skillful, successful and independent learners.
You will join a large, well equipped faculty that is dedicated to raising the achievement and progress of our diverse student community. The Science faculty also supports teaching in our local primary schools so that pupils arrive at Bingley with an enthusiasm for the subject which continues throughout their time with us.
The school is oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged 'good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. The school prides itself on its commitment to the professional development of staff. We offer a range of professional development opportunities including our fully funded Master’s degree (MEd Education) with Edge Hill University and a two hour CPD session every other Monday afternoon.
Applications are welcome from both NQTs and more experienced colleagues. We offer an excellent NQT support programme with a bespoke schedule of training and mentors.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within a friendly, dedicated and motivated team
- Proactive support for your career development - including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
- An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
The role and responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality teaching of Science
- Raising student attainment
- Assessing, recording and reporting on students’ progress
- Supporting the vision and values of the school.
To be successful in this post you will:
- Have knowledge/experience of teaching Science across all key stages.
- Be ambitious for your students and your own professional development
- Have up to date teaching methodology and a commitment to reflective practice
- Be able to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection
Hold a valid teaching qualification such as a PGCE, QTS or QTLS
Provide details of at least two referees covering the last 5 years' work history
Possess a current criminal record check (Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the online update service) or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would be a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!