TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Reed Education Cardiff are currently recruiting for a teacher of Religious Education for maternity cover due to commence after October half term at a mixed 11-18 secondary school.
The school is located on the outskirts of Newport and has excellent public transport links connecting it with a range of different boroughs in South Wales. The school is around a half an hour drive from Cardiff, Torfaen and Caerphilly, and is around a 45-50 minute drive from Monmouthshire and most of the Heads of the Valleys.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be familiar with the GCSE and GCE specifications for the subject. There are A Level opportunities for candidates with experience of delivering the subject to KS5, though this is not essential for applications to the role.
Religious Education has strong links with the rest of the Humanities department within the school with inter-curricular opportunities for learning regularly taking place. Suitable candidates will be committed to promoting links within Humanities and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to form meaningful relationships with learners.
The school welcomes applications from experienced practitioners seeking their next role in teaching and Newly-Qualified teachers seeking their first post.
- Mixed 11-18 secondary school located in the surrounding areas of Newport;
- Opportunities to teach across KS3-5 for candidates with suitable experience of A Level.
- Excellent public transport links to the school from Cardiff and the Valleys and a manageable drive from most areas in the South East of Wales.
- You will be a committed practitioner of Religious Education;
- Opportunities to teach A Level for suitable applicants;
- You will be willing to promote links in with highly-collaborative Humanities department;
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills.
Requirements for the Role:
- QTS Status in the UK;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A clear DBS and excellent references;
- Applications from NQTs welcome.
The position is to start as soon as possible (following successful reference, interview and DBS check) and therefore will not be open for long, register your interest today if you wish to be put forward for this role.
If you are interested and available, or would like an informal chat about this position, please contact Steve Howells on 02920 386 515 or at email@example.com.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'