Are you a teacher who aims to engage students in debate and give them a forum to discuss and reflect on their place within the world around them?
Principal Resourcing are working exclusively with one of our partnership Academy in Scarborough to recruit for a Religious Studies Teacher.
The role requires a committed and resourceful Religious Studies Teacher and you should be able to express your passion for education through exciting and challenging lessons. It is essential for you to possess an inspirational personality that motivates others around you. The perfect candidate will be able to create an atmosphere where students are not only engaged and focussed upon their work, but having fun in the process.
The Religious Studies Department is a vibrant and friendly one with three full time members of staff, one of which is the school chaplain.
The position is due to start ASAP full time up to July 2018 and the timetable includes lessons from KS3 to KS5. The post is full time and the successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessments involved with the role. NQTs are welcome to apply for this post.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. QTS)
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- NQTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.