Job Title: Teacher of Maths – NQT or Experienced
Required: for a September 2018 start.
Salary: £24,264-£41,158 + recruitment and retention allowance.
Hours: Full time, permanent
About the role:
Following the school’s best ever GCSE results in August 2017, the academy are delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of Maths to complement our existing department for the next academic year.
Under new leadership, this is an exciting time to join the academy. Our recent ‘Progress 8’ score showed Sheffield Springs Academy as the most improved secondary school in the city over the last academic year.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of Maths to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
• An academy making rapid improvement.
• Excellent facilities and resources.
• Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
• A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
• Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
• Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
• Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
• An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently outstanding within a short timeframe.
• Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
• Someone who is passionate about Maths and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
• A United Learning academy
• Sheffield Springs Academy is ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
• Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
• Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
• Closing date: Monday 14th May 2018 at 9am
• Interviews: To take place following week.
• Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job