Location: West Sussex
Pay rate: £25-£27ph
Hours: Part-time (2 days per week, Tuesday and Thursday )
Duration: Temp (Until Christmas, possible temp to perm to cover 4 days afterwards)
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the West Sussex area.
The college are looking for an outstanding Teacher of ICT/ Computer Science to join them on a temporary basis.
Above all Worthing College is a friendly place with a strong sense of purpose, where teaching, learning and student success are second to none. The college prides itself on its friendly atmosphere encouraging students to embrace everything the college has to offer, meeting new friends, developing life skills and gaining experiences they will never forget. This helps to provide students with the opportunity to stand out from the crowd when they are looking to progress on to university or employment.
- You will be teaching A1 Computer Science- All students are coming to the end of their project work (deadline is after Oct half term)
They have started work on the skeleton code for paper 1 (Pascal) & are just coming up to Graphs / Trees / Vectors for paper 2
- You will be teaching A2 computer science- Students have been primarily focused on the transition from GCSE (python / VB / Java) to AS code using Pascal. They have a group project due to be presented as their 2nd asessment following half term.The SoW is about to move over to the hardware topics for paper 2 (hardware devices, FDE, & Assembly language) in a Further Education setting
- Information Technology Level 3 Certificate (CAM Tech OCR)-Students have completed Topic1 of unit 1 and have started Topic 2 (Software)
Information technology Level 3 Extended Certificate (BTEC Edexcel)- Students have completed unit 3 (social media) & unit 2 (databases), although a number are resitting unit 2.
- Students have submitted their 1st submission for unit 6 (website design) and are due to submit resubmissions following half term. Until that point, they are following the theory topics for the unit 1 written theory exam.
What you will need
· A recognised teaching qualification
· Degree or equivalent in the related subject.
· Experience delivering ICT and computer science in a Further Education setting.
· Good classroom management
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'