Subject : Geography Teacher
Key stages : 3, 4 and 5
Role : Contract
Location : East London
Start date : ASAP
- Plan, prepare and deliver outstanding lessons to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Ensure that lessons are engaging and stimulating taking into account individual needs.
- Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of Geography.
- Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.
- Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work as agreed with the Head of Department.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of the students following the course and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving students.
- Maintain effective behaviour management in classroom using positive behaviour strategies to ensure learner’s engagement in the lesson.
- Assess appropriately the work of the students following the course in accordance with the school assessment policy.
- Keep records of student's progress and achievement and set appropriate targets.
ü You will have experience gained in the UK classroom
ü You will have excellent references
ü You will have a valid Enhanced DBS on the subscription service
ü You will be a qualified teacher