Permanent full time Teacher of English, September start, Swindon
Teacher of English
Permanent Teacher of English, Full Time, Swindon
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol and Bath
Are you looking for a new, exciting challenge?
Do you want to work at a unique school, rated 'good' by Ofsted?
Hays are delighted to be working with Swindon Academy, who are looking for an English Teacher to join their dynamic English department as they continue their journey to becoming an outstanding school.
Swindon Academy, which opened in September 2007 as the first 0-19 Academy in the UK, is focused on raising standards for children and young people to ensure that the school is the best it possibly can be for our community. They moved into spectacular new accommodation in December 2010.
The Academy has over 1700 students on roll, with 728 in the Primary Phase, 620 in the Secondary phase in Years 7 - 11 and 240 in their Sixth Form.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in May 2017 and judged to be a 'good' school. Inspectors noted that, "Leaders have worked tirelessly to ensure that pupils succeed within the all-through school and are providing them with enriched experiences, adding that "teachers research and evaluate the best way to teach the diverse age range of pupils" and finally concluding that, as a consequence, "teaching, learning and assessment are good."
In 2017, Swindon Academy was in the top 4% of schools nationally for Progress at GCSE and was the top performing school in Swindon.
They are looking for an English teacher who:
- is passionate about their subject and is great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Swindon academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state of the art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a fantastic team of English teachers, who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.