Rotherwood Teachers are currently looking to recruit a long term Design Technology Technician who will be working within an excellent setting.
You must have previous experience working with cutting machinery for wood
· Prepare materials and ingredients as required by the subject teacher prior to lessons
· Ensure hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly
· Organise extra equipment for lessons
· Regularly maintain the equipment and tools in the workshop and classroom areas
· Empty and clean the dust extraction filters as required by the manufacturer
· Keep all classrooms organised and free from hazards
· To assist Technology staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning.
· Organise materials, ingredients and tools in the Department
· Stock-taking and ordering of materials, ingredients and equipment
· Organise and catalogue books in Department
· Assist with organisation of trips
· To provide support for the teacher during practical lessons this will include wood work lessons
· Under the direction of the DHOF, ensure that all Health & safety requirements are met.
· To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside
· Work as part of a team within the Design and Technology Department assisting each other
as and when required
· To undertake such other tasks relevant to the work of the Design Technology Department
or the needs of the school as they may arise.
· Practical/hands-on experience is desirable but not a necessity
· Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one’s own work and that of others
· Ability to work as part of a team and individually
· Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
Immediate start for the right candidate.
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would like a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!
At Rotherwood Teachers we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
£50 reward every time you recommend a colleague - See terms of conditions
Support throughout your placements by our dedicated office staff on your personal consultant
Access to a dedicated Secondary Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you are a qualified teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.