Business Studies Teacher - Permanent Full Time from September
We are looking for a Business Studies teacher to join our dynamic Business and Computer Science Faculty as we continue our journey to becoming an outstanding school.
Swindon Academy, which opened in September 2007 as the first 0-19 Academy in the UK, is focused on raising standards for children and young people to ensure that the school is the best it possibly can be for our community. We moved into spectacular new accommodation in December 2010.
The Academy has over 1700 students on roll, with 728 in the Primary Phase, 620 in the Secondary phase in Years 7 - 11 and 240 in our Sixth Form.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in May 2017 and judged to be a 'good' school. Inspectors noted that, "Leaders have worked tirelessly to ensure that pupils succeed within the all-through school and are providing them with enriched experiences, adding that "teachers research and evaluate the best way to teach the diverse age range of pupils" and finally concluding that, as a consequence, "teaching, learning and assessment are good."
In 2017, Swindon Academy was in the top 4% of schools nationally for Progress at GCSE and was the top performing school in Swindon. We are looking for a Business Studies teacher who:
- is passionate about their subject and is great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Swindon academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state of the art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigourous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a fantastic Business and Computer Science team, who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.