Specialist Teacher with Autism experience required for a South Yorkshire School.
As a professional working within this setting you will be working with young people who have varying levels of Autism and abilities who require tailored curriculums and extra support with day to day activities.
Within the classroom you will be teaching Math’s English and ICT from P Levels to high entry level and leading activities to develop pupils socially and emotionally. You will be required to plan the lessons and work in line with the EHCP to deliver an engaging diverse timetable.
The ideal person for this role will be enthusiastic, fun and committed to working with young people who have special needs. As part of this role you will be required to assist with eating, personal care and managing behaviour effectively.
To be required for this role the candidate must have the following criteria;
- QTS and experience teaching within SEND or ASD
- Knowledge of P levels, entry levels and the impact of the nation curriculum on pupils with autism
- Strong communication skills and effective behaviour management
- An enthusiasm to work with pupils who have special needs and an innovative personality
Working for PK you will have access to;
Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
A dedicated SEND Consultant, working on your behalf.
Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools across the region on a long and short term basis to suit your needs.
A competitive refer a friend scheme.
Access to candidate competitions and incentives which run throughout the year.
If you would like to register with PK education for any day to day, short term or long term teaching work
If you would like to register to be considered for any opportunities, long or short term with PK education, please register at our website and submit your CV and details. you will also need;
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- An Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the DBS Update Service, if not a new DBS check can be applied for through PK education (full assistance will be provided)
- 2 professional references which cover the last 12 months
PK education is a well-established Education recruitment agency with an ever growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the supply work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that YOU want. PK education is also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.