TEACHER LECTURER COUNSELLING
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: TEACHER - COUNSELLING
JOB TITLE: TEACHER - COUNSELLING
SALARY: £23,396 - £38,748 p.a. pro rata
HOURS: Part Time (FTE 0.4) Permanent
THE COMPANY: Our client's college offers an exceptionally high performing Advanced Level centre for academically motivated students in Shrewsbury as well as a leading vocational centre of excellence. The college also allows an increased focus on the development of much needed Apprenticeships. The college gives students even greater flexibility with their programme and access to dedicated subject resources at different campus locations and is proud to offer the largest and most flexible curriculum offer within Shropshire, comprising A Levels and vocational diplomas, with Apprenticeships and Higher Education qualifications as progression routes.
THE ROLE: Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Lecturer to join their Counselling team. The post will be delivering CPC AB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 all day on a Monday and Saturday. ABC certificate level 3 in counselling skills also to be delivered on a Tuesday evening.
The successful candidate must have a commitment to excellence in teaching and have considerable industry experience as a counselling practitioner and supervisor. You will have the ability to teach across a range of levels and experience of supervising students completing their dissertations.
Applicants for the post must hold BACP membership and a teacher training qualification would also be an advantage. However a willingness to work towards a teaching qualification would be acceptable. If you think that you have the qualities, skills and aspirational attitudes to join the Counselling team we look forward to hearing from you.
Are you/do you have:
- A relevant degree
- Teaching qualification and experience
- Effective classroom control and communication skills
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- A keen interest in developing counselling courses
- Enthusiasm and lively ideas to stimulate student interest.
- Teaching experience in Further Education
- Current Practitioner
- Relevant industrial experience in counselling
Key Responsibilities of the job role to include:-
- Undertake formal scheduled teaching principally to the Counselling courses
- To ensure unit/subject/module administration and group tutorial duties, including interviewing, induction and assessment (including satisfactory retention rates, exam results), monitoring student progress, placement and destination, monitoring, review and evaluation is achieved
- To assist in the development of learning materials and have available up-to-date syllabuses and schemes of work for all course/classes taught
- Set, mark and moderate examinations, assignments and tasks specified by examining bodies and to maintain records and report thereon as required
- Attend and participate in College and other team meetings
- Assist in the development, planning and organisation of courses and participate in course review, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Participate in marketing and promotional activities including liaison with employers and other outside bodies as required
- Undertake specific roles such as Personal Tutorship as required
- Continuously review and evaluate teaching/student learning methods and styles whilst maintaining an awareness of new developments and initiatives in Further and Higher Education
- Participate in appraisal and staff development based on individual, programme and college needs
- Undertake development work within the disciplines as required
- Undertake general academic and administrative duties related to the work of the programme team and College
- Prepare personal class contact records in consultation with the curriculum leader
- Work flexibly, undertake training and development, and undertake such other tasks as may be required or directed from time to time to meet the needs of the College
- Support and promote the College's equal opportunity, diversity, health and safety, Prevent and other policies, processes and objectives
- Work positively to suggest and deliver quality improvements for your area
- Engage with all quality improvements agreed for implementation from both internal and external sources
- To maintain own continuing professional development as required
Does this sound like you? If you are interested in the role please hit the "apply now" button. We will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"