Our client based in Ilfracombe has an exciting fixed term contract for their busy tea rooms. The position will run from March to October, and will involve supporting the manager in running the cafe/restaurant throughout the summer season. The successful candidate will ensure hygiene codes are carried out at all times, will ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy along with the tables and benches, this may include cleaning tables and using the dishwasher. You will get involved in most aspects of the tea room from opening and closing, taking orders form customers, dealing with customers queries/complaints to recording temperatures in the fridges.
Duties will also include:
- Preparing and cooking food ensuring the food is presented to a high standard
- To organise and discuss with the Manager, menus, specials board menus and update allergies information also liaising over group bookings.
- Filling up fridge and freezers
- Ordering from suppliers/Shopping
- To cash up daily
- To supervise and oversee staff
- To be fully be conversant with the staff handbook and supporting policies including Health and safety legislation, personal presentation and fire and emergency procedures
- To train staff to follow the food hygiene rule, to carry out staff induction and to ensure that staff read and sign that they understand the food handling and hygiene manual
- Reporting to the Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of the tearooms
- Any other duties that are required in the day to day running of the tearooms
Some previous catering management experience is essential, along with the ability to remain calm under pressure and strong organisational skills.
Working hours: 11am - 4pm (Approx) 3 days a week
Please apply for more information or contact Nadia Petherick.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job