On behalf of our Client who are a leading accountancy practice we are looking for a Tax Trainee to join their team. The successful candidate will work on a wide portfolio of clients including and the tax compliance cycle, working within an excellent team you have will the chance to mentored the managers and seniors who will provide all the assistant you need for a successful career in tax.
Tax Trainee Job Role
• Working on a portfolio of tax clients
• Preparation and supervision of corporate tax computations in support of tax provisions to be included in financial statements, and for submission to the HMRC, together with the tax returns.
• Assisting with the provision of a high quality tax compliance service to a portfolio of clients, ensuring that: all tax payments, and tax returns filings, are dealt with on a timely basis; all appropriate claims and elections are made to minimise tax liabilities; tax planning opportunities are identified and, where appropriate, pursued.
• Assisting in the high level technical and tax planning advice to clients, working as necessary with managers and partners
• Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of corporation and business tax.
• Involvement in written negotiations on HMRC enquiries
• Managing WIP and billing.
• Other day-to-day responsibilities to include oral and written communication with HMRC ensuring compliance with the relevant statutory requirements.
Tax Trainee Person Specification
• Practical experience with some working knowledge of corporation tax, business income tax, and compliance work.
• A working knowledge of personal tax an advantage but not an absolute requirement
• ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA part qualified
• Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of company tax returns
• Team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach
• Ability to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
• Ability to generate creative solutions to problems
• Ability to act as a positive role model for the team
• Ability to demonstrate and understanding of risk management issues
• Ability to contribute to business proposals and to bring opportunities to the attention of Managers
Application Process Please apply with your CV in the first instance. I will review your application and invite you to the next stage of selection if you’re successful. Please note that you will need the appropriate experience outlined in the advert derived from working for a professional accountancy firm. Experience gained from positions held in commercial or industrial businesses is unfortunately not suitable on this occasion.
Not What You Were Looking For? We don’t advertise all of our opportunities so if you would like to investigate alternatives please contact me. Rekroot (UK) Ltd is a specialist accountancy practice recruitment business. We cater for:
- Accounts, Audit, Business Assurance and Business Development
- Corporate, Personal, Indirect and Employment Taxes
- Corporate Finance and Transactional Services
- Business Restructuring, Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Outsourcing and Payroll Services
- IT Finance Systems
We look forward to working with you and being part of your success.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job