A successful consultancy are looking to hire a self-sufficient, highly motivated and well organised individual to work within the Employer Consulting Tax team.
The client are looking for a confident, organised and motivated person to work with the Director specialising in employee share schemes and reward, as part of a wider team specialising in OMB tax. The role takes in all aspects of employee share incentives, including scheme design, valuation, scheme drafting and advising clients undertaking transactions.
The successful candidate will be exposed to varied, technically-challenging work and have the opportunity to deepen and broad their existing skills and develop a genuine specialism.
The work ranges from advising on straightforward EMIs and other statutory share schemes to structuring growth shares and assisting clients wishing to settle complex EBT structures. The clients worked with include early stage start-up companies to listed groups. Rarely do they advise on share schemes in isolation and will very often be involved in the clients’ wider commercial planning and tax affairs.
Duties and accountabilities-
- Provide technical advice and support to clients of the firm on employee share schemes and related issues. Provide specialist technical advice on complex situations to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client. Participate in the design and implementation of employee share schemes and assist with the associated reporting obligations.
- Work in collaboration with the Director to build awareness and recognition in the market of the Employer Consulting offering and to develop and grow the Employer Consulting team.
- Be able to assist and manage a range of share incentives implementation, tax consultancy and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from other colleagues as and when necessary and discussing with Director, who will review work.
- Start to build profile and rapport with clients, whether they are accountants, lawyers, individuals or corporate clients. Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media.
- Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness.
- Assist with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm’s service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services. This may involve participation in both lecturing, the writing of articles for tax publications and delivery of webinars.
- Support business development activity working in conjunction with the Director. To include taking responsibility for specific business development actions and initiatives as directed.
Skills, knowledge and experience-
- A suitable candidate will ideally be CTA qualified with post-qualification experience, although the client would consider a lawyer with tax experience.
- Ideally with a background in employment taxes with knowledge of personal taxes. Some experience of corporate taxes would be also beneficial.
- Experience of dealing with employee share schemes and a keenness to expand knowledge and expertise in this area, as well as being willing to take on some of the legal work related to employee share schemes.
- A good understanding and awareness of tax compliance requirements.