Tax Service Analyst FTC - December 2021
Posted Date: Oct 20 2020
As a Tax Analyst you will monitor and support the finance process of GSK globally through the following of standard process steps and activities. You will support tax and central finance activities whilst coordinating/working alongside other finance teams within GSK.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of activities in a friendly, supportive team based in our HQ!
- Monitoring, resolving and reporting on finance bookings and issues in regards to GL accounts owned by Global Tax
- You will resolve balance issues and determine correct treatment following standardized instructions and scripts provided
- Respond to tickets raised through a service request system
- You will follow scripted processes and checklists for standard activities
- Approval of tax data requests when received via online systems
- Understand issues faced by users and coordinate them to correct resource to resolve issue
- Good knowledge of financial bookings and GL account classifications
- Strong debit and credit experience and understanding of transition treatments
- Actively manage workload and if necessary, escalate issues and concerns to the Global Tax Team
- Grounding in fundamentals of tax (understanding the VAT cycle)
- Understand the requirements of tax compliance teams the support necessary to file a return accurately
- Confidence producing journal entries
- Experience in a complex medium/large business environment across multiple countries.
- Flexible to work on different projects not strictly related to the Indirect tax
- Good knowledge of ERP systems - SAP required
- Ability to clearly document a process and follow step plans
- Prioritise relevant issues and manage a range of stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate and engage with multiple business teams with different disciplines, terminology and knowledge
- Big 4 experience/multinationals Companies
- University Degree
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on, or send an email
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'