Optionis is a professional services group which specialises in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance. We are looking for an ambitious and personable Tax Senior to join our Tax Team in Poole.
This is a great opportunity to work within an ambitious and forward-thinking company who can offer training and development for the right candidate working towards their ATT, AAT or CTA.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Assisting in the preparation of forms P11D.
- Assisting in the completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Advising clients on basic personal taxation matters.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients.
- Reviewing tax codes and other HMRC notices.
- Dealing with HMRC by telephone and correspondence.
- Liaising with Accounts teams to ensure a high standard of client service.
- Reviewing Tax Assistants work and mentoring others within the department.
- Supporting the Tax Managers when required.
The following experience and attributes are required for this position:
- Experience of working within Tax.
- Have good Tax technical knowledge.
- Strong numeracy and organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to progress.
We believe wholeheartedly in teamwork and staff development. We also believe in rewarding the hard work of colleagues by offering competitive salaries, training opportunities and a range of employee benefits. If this sounds like a role you'd be interested in applying for then we'd love to hear from you!