A great opportunity to relocate to a desirable location within the UK. Poole has the largest natural harbour in the world, world class beaches and is a fantastic location for walks in the Purbecks, yet only 2 hours by direct train to central London
As a Senior Manager within the Poole office your role will be exclusively advisory focussed. You will work closely with the Partner team across all disciplines to deliver a high quality tax service to entrepreneurial businesses and private clients at all times.
Your primary focus will be to develop and deliver advisory projects, whilst also managing existing client relationships and actively pursuing new opportunities, thus helping to generate advisory work from new clients.
For the right Senior Manager this is an opportunity to grow into a Director for the office.
In addition to being provided with a portfolio of clients, you will assist the Partner team to actively pursue new relationships with directors and shareholders of owner managed and family businesses. Typically, you will be advising Privately Owned Businesses and high net worth individuals on a whole range of issues, including (but not exclusively) group reorganisations/demergers, incorporations, succession planning, how to tax efficiently structure commercial transactions, arranging clients affairs to legitimately minimise tax.
There is opportunities to work on Due Diligence assignments,
• Develop and manage advisory projects in respect of Privately Owned and Family businesses, and ensure that deadlines are met;
• Build strong relationships with clients and to guide them through transactions;
• The critical skill as part of this role is to be a strong technical support for the whole team the candidate MUST therefore have strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes relevant to Privately Owned Business transactions. Preferably a strong knowledge of the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax.
• Dealing with clients with International links would be an advantage.
• Sharing knowledge with more junior (and senior) members of the team;
• Reviewing technical analysis, tax advisory letters, tax clearances and other work prepared by other members of the team;
• Liaising with intermediaries (being banks, lawyers or financial advisors), and colleagues throughout advisory engagements;
• Help develop the business and seek new opportunities both within Mazars and externally by maintaining a strong network of contacts and referrers of work;
• Managing WIP, debtors and fees; and
• Being actively involved in the recruitment, development and progression of more junior members of the team;
• Entrepreneurial business tax focus, with experience in advisory transactions;
• A strong technical knowledge of all taxes in respect of transactional work for the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax;
• Strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals;
• The individual would be expected to delegate efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team;
• Equally the individual will need to be able to work collaboratively with the Partner/Director team in the continued growth of the business, and have a strong network of intermediaries.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
• Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach;
• Ability and/or willingness to research complex technical issues;
• Ability to exercise judgement;
• Ability to help generate creative solutions to problems;
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues;•
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 80 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.