The client is a leading firm of chartered accountants providing audit, tax and accountancy services to a client base ranging from private individuals through to international organisations with an annual turnover in excess of 50 million. The firm has an impressive Tax offering and is currently looking for a Tax Senior with excellent opportunities for career development for the right person.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the role is a varied one.
- The individual’s skills should extend to full portfolio management and acting as the primary contact for clients, dealing with ad-hoc technical issues as they arise and spotting any planning opportunities relevant to the client
- Correspondence (written and verbal) with clients, HMRC and other third parties
- Preparation of P11ds, PSAs and other end of year returns
- Assisting managers and partners with ad hoc planning and advisory projects
- Reviewing the tax work of more junior team members and assisting with technical queries from the team as they arise
- Dealing with all types of taxes as required i.e. Capital gains tax, Inheritance tax, National Insurance, Corporation Tax, Capital allowances, Income Tax, Trust taxation, Employee taxation, Overseas issues and minor VAT issues
- Dealing with any internal staff queries arising on procedural and technical matters
- Contributing to the identification of technical areas and changes to legislation that are relevant to the Tax Department and also to the accounts and audit department, as required. Identifying particular areas which should be brought to client attention.
- Working closely with the Tax Managers and Tax Partner to ensure the Tax Department is at the forefront of Tax Compliance and planning matters
Applications will be welcomed from CTA qualified individuals although other relevant experience will be considered. Experience with Inheritance tax and preparation of trust tax returns is desirable.
The salary band of £40,000 - £50,000 had been set by Fletcher George as a guide - salary will be dependant on relevant experience. In addition the firm offer an extremely generous benefits package.
Based in Farnham the role is commutable from Guildford, Leatherhead, Basingstoke, Bracknell and surrounding areas.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job