A fantastic opportunity to join a Top 50 firm based in their Cambridge office. Our client is looking to recruit a Personal Tax Senior/Assistant Manager for their tax team.
The role and responsibilities of the Tax Senior/Assistant manager will be to look after the day to day running of a portfolio of clients, and assist with advisory work deriving from that portfolio.
The portfolio of clients will include a mix of high profile individuals, professional persons, partnerships, entrepreneurs, and a burgeoning portfolio of non-UK domiciled clients.
The Department seeks a motivated and ambitious individual, ideally with some experience dealing with high net worth individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns for review by the Partner
- Reviewing tax returns from more junior personnel
- Interface between clients and partners
- Assist with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
- Assist with the general private client issues and suggest tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
- Communication and correspondence with HMRC
- Communication with and answering queries from clients
- A minimum of 3 years personal tax experience within a practice environment
- A proactive attitude
- Must have experience of reviewing tax returns and handling a portfolio of clients
- Good communication skills
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, and non-doms.
- A good knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, capital allowances, tax credits, and inheritance tax
- The successful candidate should ideally be CTA qualified. They will consider candidates who are not CTA qualified and will provide full study support, study support toward the CTA is a must
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'