We are recruiting for a Tax Semi-Senior / Senior to work within our client’s Finchley office. This is a personal tax compliance role and will involve reporting to the Tax Manager, contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support for the Tax Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of our client’s offices, we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join their team in assisting towards achieving their strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
Our client is a top 15 accountancy firm, specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel, who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Semi-Senior / Senior duties will be:
- Preparing annual tax returns (Individuals, Partnerships, Trusts and Forms P11Ds/PSAs)
- Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Assisting the Tax Manager with annual reporting for Form 42 and ATED
- Advising clients on personal tax liabilities as they become due
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the manager’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns, if necessary
- Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Various ad-hoc work as it arises, such as technical research
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- Ideally ATT Qualified
The Tax Semi-Senior / Senior will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
In return you will be offered: -
A highly competitive package, including a generous array of benefits for you and your family. The environment in this Top 15 office environment is warm and friendly. There are great people here and they work with some really impressive clients in an environment not found in a conventional accounting firm.