Our client, a global corporate, are currently seeking a Tax Operations Manager for their International Tax Reconciliations team.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team dedicated to mitigating the firm’s tax risk by successfully implementing and driving the operational tax control framework. As well as managing a junior team of SME's, you will also be responsible for the supervisory oversight of client processes including tax vouchers and certification, implementation of tax changes and assisting with new process opportunities and improvements.
Your core responsibilities will include the risk management and direct supervision of the following:
- Reconciliation of complex firm tax reclaims across global markets.
- Review of lodged reclaims to ensure in good order with tax authorities and analysis of market practice.
- Support of the risk framework, analysing Key Risk Indicators and impact of regulatory market updates.
- Coordination of Tax Authority audits and reconciliation of required information, e.g. trade patterns, depot movements, etc.
- Control of client tax offerings and liaising with the relevant BU to ensure compliance.
- Supporting the team’s Enhancement strategy to improve systemic tax processing.
- Control of processes outsourced to external vendor
Ideally coming from a tax technical, tax operations or financial services operations background you will be able to demonstrate competence at managing both people and processes. You will have knowledge of tax technical concepts including withholding tax and experience in assisting and/or testing on system developments. You will have a high regard for attention to detail and accuracy coupled with the ability to identify and report on risk, impact and resolution. Excellent communication skills are imperative including the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues.
Salary up to £45,000 (DOE) + Group Benefits. For further information contact Lynsey Kerr at Lusona Consultancy.