Full-time (flexible working) Tax Manager Job Vacancy
Are you a technically adept tax expert that can lead a practice to excellence? Are you looking for a career move to become a Tax Manager within a progressive and supportive, top 40 accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge? If so, this Tax Manager role within an established and growing practice in Northampton could be for you.
CTA or ACA qualified, you’ll need to be an out-and-out tax professional with extensive personal and corporate tax advisory, tax compliance knowledge, and three years’ practice experience.
Acting in a compliance and advisory capacity, you’ll be the first point of contact for clients and team members regarding personal and corporate tax, so you’ll need to be a strong communicator and networker.
You’ll also need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You’ll be a proven and effective leader and supervisor that strives for excellence, continued development, and improvement.
This progressive firm of accountants in Northampton offers a supportive environment and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and personal clients in a wide variety of tax specific areas -- aiming for customer service excellence.
- Leading with the delivery of tax projects, including R & D tax credits, employee share schemes, M & A, restructures and demergers, stamp duty, and border tax.
- Work alongside the Tax Partner to seek opportunities (maximising income) and innovate for clients by tax planning and adding value.
- Build and retain relationships with clients.
- Be the first point of contact for your portfolio of clients, offering advice, whether reactive or proactive as required -- getting to know their business challenges and opportunities.
- Seek to identify tax planning opportunities as part of the review process.
- Preparation of reports and proposals, including liaising with other teams.
- Work as part of the management team to ensure workloads and deadlines are managed effectively.
- Work as part of the management team to develop and improve department systems and processes.
- Monitor, mentor, and review team members’ work and performance.
- Management of WIP, billing and debtors within your portfolio.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This forward-thinking, top 40 accountancy practice is experiencing significant growth and is looking to strengthen its taxation team by appointment of this Tax Manager position.
This position within this well-respected business represents an excellent opportunity for career progression with a firm that truly values its team members and is an exciting and supportive place to work.
Benefits As A Tax Manager
- Salary £55,000 to £65,000.
- Flexible working.
- Commission scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Subscription fee support.
- Training and study support.
- CTA/ACA qualified with demonstrable experience of working within personal and corporate taxation and tax compliance.
- Three years post-qualification experience in a tax compliance or tax advisory position.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an advisory, client-facing role.
- Excellent and effective communication skills and the ability to provide proactive advice to clients in both written and verbal formats.
- An inspirational team player and leader that encourages and motivates others.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving with the ability to think on your feet.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce work in a timely manner and encourage excellence in others.
- A creative and analytical thinker.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ambitious and career-oriented.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs and acocuntancy jobs every day and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'