KHM are currently looking to recruit a qualified tax adviser for a tax team for our client based in the Colchester area. Working closely with senior staff to deliver a broad range of tax services to corporate and business clients, this opportunity would suit a CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent) individual with at least 2 years post qualification experience in either a corporate tax or mixed tax role.
The main duties of the role are:
- Control of the office client base corporation tax compliance to ensure timely submissions and advice of tax payments
- Review of corporation tax computations and tax returns prepared by junior staff
- Preparation of complex corporation tax computations and tax returns
- Processing R&D claims and identifying R&D opportunities
- Preparing capital allowance claims, identifying capital allowance opportunities and preparing ad hoc reports
- Provision of corporate and business tax advisory work to clients, both pro-active and reactive
- Advice in relation to UK tax matters for non-UK companies and non-UK groups with UK subsidiaries
- Due diligence and advisory work in relation to business acquisitions, sales and mergers and MBOs
- Advice in relation to other business taxes such as VAT, SDLT, Employment Taxes, Withholding Tax, etc
- HMRC advance clearance applications
- Providing guidance to colleagues in the accounts departments on tax-specific matters
- Providing technical support and training to more junior team members
- Assisting senior staff with ad hoc projects and technical advisory work
- Liaising with clients, colleagues, HMRC and other professional contacts
Key characteristics include a commercial outlook, strong attention to detail and communication skills, a professional approach to clients and colleagues and a firm commitment to providing top quality client service. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and willing to work additional hours as required.
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive salary, a good working environment, excellent potential to develop within the firm and the opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic and growing tax department.
If you have not received a response within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities that arise should you not be successful in this particular role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job