My client is part of an acquisitive fast-growing accountancy firm. Situated in Shrewsbury they have an enviable client base spread across the Shropshire area.
They are seeking a private client tax manager to join their specialist team.
The private client portfolio is varied including HNW individuals, property investors and trusts.
- Assuming responsibility for a portfolio of personal tax clients and controlling the management and completion of work arising from these clients
- Taking a proactive role in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Undertaking work primarily in respect of personal tax returns but also compliance for other taxes including forms P11D
- Organisation of workload to ensure efficient and timely service
- Reviewing personal tax returns prepared by junior members of the team
- Liaising with the accounts teams to obtain necessary information and to meet any required deadlines
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs and clients
- The role includes a mixture of advice and technical work and compliance work
- The role does not include corporation tax or VAT work
- You will be CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Either be a tax manager already or responsible for managing your own portfolio of personal tax clients and can demonstrate proven organisational abilities and the ability to manage others in their team.
- Able to manage a busy team of staff and motivate them to deliver a high level of productivity.
- Able to manage deadlines and organise work flow efficiently.
- Personable - good at mixing with staff, clients and prospective clients from making a good first impression to building lasting relationships.
- Ambitious for the firm. They have a growing office and want to develop it more and add on more business services.
- A salary of £40-45k (dependent on experience).
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Modern offices with free car parking
- Further training and development within the role
- Opportunity to progress to Director level in a growing firm that has a culture of internal promotion.
To discuss this further and for more information please forward a CV for immediate attention.