Our client an established firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking a Tax Manager for their growing practice based in Golders Green.
You will be responsible for managing the firm's Mixed Tax Department , working closely with the Partners.
The role will have a personal tax bias and you will also have experience of Estate and Trust tax matters, as well as a knowledge of overseas aspects of UK tax, coproration tax and VAT.
Key Duties/Skills include:-
- Assisting the partner in charge of the department in the overall smooth running of the department.
- Supervising and training of team members within the department.
- Planning compliance work and controlling work schedules of tax staff.
- Reviewing and in some cases, dealing with tax compliance work, ready for submission to HMRC.
- Working with partners to ensure adequate and appropriate fee recoveries on assignments.
- Where relevant, dealing with Capital Gains, Trust and Inheritance Tax and assisting the Partners in ensuring that the best advice is tailored for the client.
- Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm’s clients.
- Assisting the Partners in the marketing and further development of the tax function with the firm.
- Developing client and intermediary relationships, managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and handling day to day queries.
- Assisting the partners in the Recruitment and Appraisal process.
- Working with the training partner to ensure that all technical and soft skills, if applicable, training for the Tax Department is maintained up to date, including CPD where appropriate.
- Ensuring that, overall, the department meets the requirement of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Standards.
You will hold a professional exam such as CTA or be QBE and you will have at least 4-5 years tax experience, with a strong personal tax background. You will also be proficient with software such as CorTAX, CCH Personal Tax and Central and have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The role offers genuine partnership prospects.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'