Taylor Hawkes are currently working with a small to medium sized accountancy firm based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The firm has been established for close to ten years and developed to a point where they now need a dedicated tax professional to manage a department as well as a large portfolio of clients.
Overview of the position:
- As the Tax Manager you will have responsibility to oversee the personal tax department, which prepares about 400 tax returns per year. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring all tax returns are correctly prepared and submitted to HMRC on time. As well as preparing tax returns yourself, you will also review tax return work prepared by other members of the team.
- Control and monitor the number of Tax Returns completed and ensure all are submitted by the January deadline,
- Review Tax Returns as completed by the tax/accounts department.
- Prepare Tax Returns when necessary for sole traders, Partnerships and LLP's.
- Supervise and train the tax/accounts department, where necessary.
- Be involved with any HMRC enquiry as per instruction from other members of staff.
- Client liaison and visits where necessary.
- Attending to phone calls / correspondence relating to clients, if necessary.
Core technical competencies
- At least 5 years' experience in a Practice Firm's Tax Department.
- Experience of a wide range of different tax returns: sole traders including capital allowances, HNW Individuals, non-residents, non-domiciles, CGT computations, partnerships, and loss relief.
- ATT / CTA qualified or QBE
- Experience of supervising people.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
- Tax Manager