Looking for a refreshing change?
We at Sheltons are seeking a Tax Manager / Business Services Manager for our new office located in central London.
You will be working with a small team in modern offices, in a very international environment.
Sheltons Accountants and Business Advisers (Sheltons Group) work exclusively with internationally operating businesses. Sheltons Group is a well-established firm with offices in Sydney, Copenhagen, Malta and now London.
The position - how you could help us
- Primarily acting as hands on manager of our UK office clients, typically being smaller foreign-owned UK private companies, with most contact with the overseas head offices (the US, Australia, South Africa, etc)
- Initially assisted by an office manager and a bookkeeper/accountant as well staff in other offices including the Sheltons Group Managing Partner, Ned Shelton and external firms as required
- The provision to clients - using internal and external support - of advice and assistance in the tax, accounting, general business and company secretarial areas, as well as attending to internal office managerial and office functions
- You would supervise staff and later be involved in recruiting
- You would gradually become more involved in businesses development
- 7-10 years’ UK accounting or tax experience
- Significant recent experience in company tax with a UK accounting firm
- Preferably a UK qualified accountant
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven skills in staff and client management
- Be able to command the respect of clients (especially Western European) with your knowledge of the UK generally, including business knowledge
- Probably currently at Supervisor or Manager level in a UK accounting firm
An advantage if:
- you have lived and worked in another major country
- are familiar with Sage Line 50
- speak another major language
- have some experience in the taxation of expats in the UK
- have a good knowledge of VAT
- have company secretarial experience
- have some knowledge of UK business visa laws.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, energetic
- Enjoy travel and have no problems travelling abroad
- Social, team-minded and outgoing
What we offer
- Initial training in our Copenhagen office (approximately two weeks)
- Genuine opportunities for rapid advancement
- An exciting position with a small, dynamic, internationally-orientated firm
- An opportunity to develop your skills and network
- A very international environment
- Some overseas travel and substantial interaction with clients and colleagues abroad
For more information and to see the full job specification, please visit the Careers page on our website (Sheltons Group.com).