Based within the Product advisory tax team, which sits within the Corporate Tax Department. The team covers tax risks in business transactions within the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) for a wide range of businesses conducted including trading, investment banking, private banking, asset management, treasury and custody services.
- Reviewing documents in connection with the loan and loan related product (loan agreements, term sheets, tax opinions) and advising colleagues in the Business, Legal and Credit in relation to tax (including VAT) risks.
- Developing knowledge of worldwide tax regimes applicable to the loan product (both tax technical and practical), communicating tax riskssuccinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues and escalating risks internally within the team as appropriate.
- Negotiating tax aspects of the documents and must be able to apply a commercial (yet technically sound) approach to tax risk management
- Working with external tax advisors, as well as partnering internally with global Corporate Tax colleagues, including colleagues covering VAT.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Excellent English
- Professionally qualified (e.g. tax, law, accounting etc)
- Experience providing tax advice in a law or accounting firm.
- Good team player.
- Capable of communicating the tax issues to non tax personnel
- Capable of working under pressure in a commercial environment
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- A UK tax background
- Language other than English
- A working knowledge of FATCA and VAT
- Corporation Tax
- Tax Advisory
- Qualified Chartered Accountant