We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Analyst should provide a high quality, cost effective support service for M&G and its Prudential Group clients. This will cover Alternate Assets Due Diligence, Taxation Administration, system postings and Reconciliations for PPMA. The role will utilise business processes which make appropriate use of technology and ensure smooth transition of Private Equity investment accounting between PPMA & MAGIM, to comply with regulatory requirements associated with all activities.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Compiling tax deliverables in relation to QIPs, TIA, CT61s and other returns.
• Compiling data returns for Group Actuarial.
• Processing of PPMA private equity trades, both assets and cash.
• Reconciliation of assets and cash for PPMA private equity on FODB and Quasar.
• Evaluate accounting data of Life Fund alternative assets to provide required tax computations.
• Daily monitoring of data quality.
• Responding to client/company queries.
• Ensuring that M&G understand the taxation rules relating to the assets managed.
• Reconcile tax information for unit linked funds to information supplied by the unit pricing teams (M&G and MEFS).
• Investigation and implementation of new funds/instruments.
• Utilising systems and controls to ensure integrity of taxation and accounting data
What we are looking for:
You will have a sound knowledge of accounting and taxation, together with broad experience of the industry. Knowledge of Private Equity investments would also be useful. You will also be capable of identifying and fulfilling regulatory requirements. In terms of required qualifications, any of the following will do: ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent tax qualifications such as CTA). An Investment IMC might also be useful. You will have knowledge of investment markets, data suppliers, instruments and products. Regulatory framework knowledge is also essential, as is experience surrounding transaction processing, corporate actions, dividends, reconciliations, pricing and reporting. You will have a broad understanding of Investment Operations system infrastructure and a detailed knowledge of relevant applications and ability to utilise effectively. IT skills are essential, particularly in Excel, Access and Word. You will have technical knowledge surrounding UK taxation (in particular life insurance rules and CGT) and overseas tax treaties.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.