The Birmingham Tax team has enjoyed significant growth over the last 3 years, with Income and Gross Profit Margin growing in excess of 40% for each of the last two years. We are therefore looking for a strong and conscientious Senior Manager to support the Partner and Director Team in meeting its continued growth strategy targets.
As a Senior Manager within the Birmingham office your role will be exclusively advisory focussed. You will work closely with the Partner and Director team to deliver a high quality tax service to entrepreneurial businesses and private clients at all times.
Your primary focus will be to project manage complex advisory projects, whilst also managing existing client relationships and actively pursuing new opportunities, thus helping to generate advisory work from new and existing clients.
Rather than being provided with a portfolio of clients, you will assist the Partner and Director team to actively pursue new relationships with directors and shareholders of owner managed and family businesses. Typically, you will be advising individuals, their families and their businesses to provide a bespoke service advising on a variety of matters from estate planning, international and domicile issues and trust structuring through to corporate reconstructions.
• Project manage complex advisory projects, and ensure that deadlines are met;
• Build strong relationships with clients and to guide them through complex transactions;
• Maintaining a strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes relevant to Privately Owned Businesses and High Net Worth Individuals. Preferably a strong knowledge of all of the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and stamp duty;
• Sharing knowledge with junior (and senior) members of the team. Assisting junior members of the team in their research to ensure that our tax advice is technically accurate;
• Reviewing technical analysis prepared by more junior members of the team on new and existing legislation, including technical analysis on the impact that this may have on clients;
• Reviewing tax advisory letters, proposals, memos and reports prepared by more junior members of the team in order to produce high quality and professional tax reports which are accessible to the client;
• Lead, manage, motivate and coach more junior members of staff, working effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development;
• Liaising with intermediaries (being banks, lawyers or financial advisors), and colleagues throughout advisory engagements;
• Help develop the business and seek new opportunities both within Mazars and externally by maintaining a strong network of contacts and referrers of work;
• Managing WIP, debtors and fees.
• Technically strong and be able to analyse and interpret data to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues within a Private Client setting;
• A strong technical knowledge of all taxes in respect of transactional work for the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and stamp duty;
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other professionals and colleagues;
• The individual would be expected to delegate efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team;
• Equally the individual will need to be able to work collaboratively with the Partner/Director team in the continued growth of the business;
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
• Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach;
• Ability to research complex technical issues;
• Ability to exercise judgement;
• Understanding of risk management issues and procedures;
• Ability to manage own client portfolio, ensuring recoverability and financial targets are met.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job