What impact will you make? The Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Finance professional to join our Tax service line. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a number of Partners, ascertaining and driving the financial aspects of their client portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the financial performance of a portfolio of partners within Tax business unit. This is a customer focused role, managing relationships within the Tax business and providing support at a senior level. You will also advise and guide Partners on the best firm contacts for billing and other finance processes relating to their client base.
The position will be based out of Leeds
We are open to discussing agile and flexible working arrangements in line with business need.
- Work closely with Partners to understand the financial performance of their portfolios
- Meet with their BU (Business Unit) Partners on a monthly basis to discuss all financial aspects of their client portfolio.
- Working with the central Tax Financial Controllers to help inform and drive central programmes/initiatives.
- Understand firm financial cycle and ensure Partners and relevant parties are aware of deadlines i.e. allowance reviews, cash collection cycles.
- Support and drive the billing process for their BU Partners.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise effectively with teams around the UK and internationally
- Excellent customer service skills showing attention to detail and customer focus, with a good understanding of the Partner’s needs and priorities
- Previous experience of working within a finance function
- Proven track record influencing and supporting Partner decision making
- Proactive and ability to drive actions in a team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks, prioritising and responding as appropriate
- Strong understanding of client processes and internal teams
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- A drive to continually improve processes
- Excellent numerical/analytical skills and Excel skills
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services. Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This position will work closely with Partners in the firm, playing a key role in our internal processes to ensure client portfolios are managed in the best way from a financial standpoint.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144784
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job