We are looking for a Tax Advisor to join our Tax Team in Blackpool. You will be an important part of the Tax Team, able to multitask and prioritise with a willingness to learn and progress.
This is a great opportunity to work within an ambitious and forward-thinking company who can offer training and development for the right candidate working towards your AAT and/or ATT.
- PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Preparation of P11D forms.
- Completion of basic and some more complex (e.g. domicile) Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Advising clients on basic personal taxation matters.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients.
- Reviewing tax codes and other HMRC notices.
- Dealing with HMRC and other third parties by telephone and correspondence.
- Liaising with clients and internal teams.
- Data entry and updating systems.
- Performing bank reconciliations and receipt breakdowns.
- Calculating tax rebates and liabilities for clients under the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Delivering consistently accurate work.
- Mentoring and training more junior team members.
Experience of working within a busy office, ideally an Accountancy Practice or a Financial environment, preferred but not essential. Experience within Tax is a bonus.
- Able to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- A desire to progress toward obtaining tax qualifications.
- A positive 'can do’ attitude.