Job Title: Tax Adviser
Report to: Senior Tax Advisor
Direct reports: None
Close internal working relationships: Tax Advisory Team members
Days/Hours worked: 7 hours per day / 5 days per week
Wilson Wright is a central London firm of like-minded accountancy professionals acting for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally.
Central to our core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, supportive and proactive environment, we can deliver advice of the highest standard.
Key responsibility will be assisting the Senior Tax Advisers within the Tax Advisory team in all matters as required and instructed; this will include but not limited to:
- Responding to both clients and colleagues with regards to any ad-hoc tax related queries that they have on a daily basis; this would include the preparation of advisory reports, HMRC clearances, valuations, advance assurances etc.
- This will mainly be corporate tax focused but will likely include projects which cover other areas (business tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax). Typical projects will be corporate structuring, transfer pricing, tax relief claims (R&D, film tax credits, video games tax relief), international tax structuring.
- Working primarily with the direct Line Manager on all compliance matters where required, which to include the preparation and/or the review of already prepared Company Tax Returns and Partnership Tax Returns as well as the preparation of tax disclosures for financial statements. This will be approximately 20% of the role. Subject to experience, this may on occasion include the preparation/review of personal Tax Returns.
- Assisting in preparation for new client meetings, attending those meetings, and assisting with follow up in terms of work and fee proposal; as well as executing internal new client take on procedures.
- Keeping up-to-date on all technical areas of expertise which will include technical research where instructed, review of the Budgets and legislative changes; and reporting back to other members of staff (firm wide) where appropriate.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical and marketing material for both internal and external audiences.
As part of any recruitment process, the Firm collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The Firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Wilson Wright is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Corporate Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Tax Planning