SF Group are pleased to be exclusively partnering with a Local Government Subsidiary based in Wolverhampton. Our client is looking for a Tax Accountant to play a key role in supporting the Head of Finance in ensuring effective and efficient compliance with all taxation requirements concerning the organisation and the funds under its management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing tax advice and strategic planning
- Ensuring that the company complies with all taxation requirements, and the investments assets under its management, including Value-Added Tax, Corporation Tax, employment taxes, with-holding and transaction taxes
- Preparation and submission of tax returns as required by relevant authorities
- Supporting the Head of Finance in procuring a tax advisor and playing a lead role in the day-to-day management of the tax advisor relationship
- Liaising with HMRC and other taxation bodies as appropriate, and with the payroll provider on employment tax matters
- Providing advice to the Head of Finance and other managers on strategic tax planning matters, including on the development of new investment products
- Maintenance of appropriate tax records for the company
- Contribution to the annual budgeting and financial planning process through the provision of timely and accurate advice concerning the anticipated tax position
- Contribution to the development of a range of policies for approval by the Board
- Assisting in the liaison with external and internal audit
- Using the company's computerised accounting system, including the implementation and operation of effective controls and reconciliations concerning tax matters, and training and supervising junior staff in compliance with those controls
- Assisting the Head of Finance in identifying financial risks (particularly those relating to tax) and take steps to manage and mitigate these, reporting as appropriate
- Playing a lead role in the maintenance of the tax risk register
- Assisting he Head of Finance in ensuring that the skills and knowledge of the Finance team are developed to a high level, and to be an advocate of continuous professional development
- Promotion of the work of the Finance team within the company, including the delivery of financial training and financial advice and support to managers
- Building effective working relationships with peers in other organisations
- Deputising for the Head of Finance as required
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate complex and highly-technical matters in a way which is understandable and relevant. You will be able to display strong reasoning and problem-solving skills as well as good report-writing and verbal communication skills. You will actively participate in continuous professional development, and will maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant accounting, finance, investments and pensions matters. You will have the ability to motivate and inspire junior members of the Finance team to develop themselves and perform to a high level, and will be able to build effective relationships at all levels of the company. You will be a very organised individual with the ability to work to deadlines and manage competing priorities under significant time pressures. You will have proven experience of working within a similar role and will be able to provide effective team leadership in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
To be considered for this role you must hold a relevant accounting qualification or have significant demonstrable work experience.
This is a permanent position offering £40,000 - £50,000, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and one extra company day, and an excellent pension scheme.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job